CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

...I believe in magic

gardenpata.co.uk
Goddess Nu Kua...shaking up my world.

I believe in Magic....I'm not talking about the abracadabra kind, although I enjoy it...
It's the magic Universe serves up that I'm thinking about.
I believe my Spirit Figures come to me, and through me, in a magical way.  
Through my Muse..
 she first came to me years ago during a vision quest.  

She came as Nu Kua ....
.
She was alone in the world...there was no one to share and enjoy it's wonderful offerings.   
She was very sad, the sad that comes from loneliness...
So she decided to create humans. 
Gathering clay she lovingly made men and women.  
She set them down in front of her so she could admire them, but as wonderful as her creations were they had no life.  
Filled with love she picked them up and one by one she breathed her breath into their bodies, whispering the secrets of love and creation into their ears inspiring them to populate the Earth and create on their own. 
NĂ¼-Kua is also credited with teaching people art and passion and order....



Nu Kua...my first Spirit Figure, my Muse


When Nu Kua came to me, she was a stranger.  
I knew nothing of the energy she carried or what she represents....
At the time I wasn't paying much attention to my creative self.  
I would play at a few things now and then...
But she came and shook up my world, 
to me she is very, very, real.... 

I have to call her to me...she takes all this seriously and wants me to be a full participant in the creation of the figures....
so she doesn't natter at me...she waits until I'm ready, open.
  
When she comes to spend time in my studio she can be very demanding...she likes to decide what atmosphere we will work in....sometimes quiet, and if the weather permits she likes the door open, sun shining in....but she likes the night too....
she has come to me in dreams to help me with construction problems...
sometimes it's all about candles, incense and music.... She likes the music loud.
Once the scene is set our dance begins...

The feeling is like nothing else....
Together we go through my studio looking for the elements needed to bring a Spirit Figure to into form.  It's this time during the creative process when I feel so free..
and happy.....floaty, it's outer body. 
I wish I could take you with me.  
This is the time when my Muse has opened the door between here and there.
This is when the process is all so easy.  
I'm in the flow....It is magical.

I

3 comments:

Suzi Smith said...

oh i so know what you mean julie... it's lovely to her this story. wishing you many magical times x

julie said...

Suzi...I knew you would...thank you for coming by..xox

Monique Kleinhans said...

But you do take us with you...those doors that you open (or are opened for you) never close fully. Through your creations we are invited to breath into that magic as well. And if we listen close enough we can hear the songs in your art...that's why I love them so much.

blessings

Related Posts with Thumbnails