CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

the magic of sticks



As a friend of mine might say when he is looking forward to something...

I am gently excited to say that I'm going to be one of a group of volunteers creating one of these magical works of art.... 

Photo: Adam Rodriguez

Patrick Dougherty
is bringing his wizardry to Fresno to install a work on the
 Fresno State Campus in November and my 
 friend joyce ,
 from Imagine Joy Art, and I have '
volunteered to work a couple of days.


I say gently as in I am going to have no expectations.  

I am just going to enjoy the adventure.
Expectations have gotten in my way a little bit lately




I watched a couple of videos of him talking about how he creates in order to get an idea of what working with him will be like...
and he says he doesn't always have a clear vision when he starts...
he allows the work to flow..
nice.

CalloftheWild 1280

Call of the Wild



Photo: Tad Merrick

So Inclined

 Over the past thirty years, Patrick has built 230 of these whimsical sculptures all over the world
They stand for about two years before before nature takes them away.


Photo: Hatten 18

Running in Circles



Photo: Jerry Blow



Standby

you can see more of his sculptures at...








3 comments:

angela recada said...

How wonderful! I am so happy that you and Joyce will have the opportunity be involved in this installation. Very, very cool!
xoxoxo

AkasaWolfSong said...

Oh I just love these works of art!
How intriguing and phenominal! :)
So wonderful you get to take part Julie. I can't wait to hear all about your experience. :)
Awesome...
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd definitely donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook
group. Talk soon!

my blog ... juice fasting recipes

Related Posts with Thumbnails